[haiku-development] Re: Questions from Haiku novice

  • From: Markku Hyppönen <make.hypponen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 08:48:30 +0300

PulkoMandy wrote:
Le Sun, 18 Apr 2010 22:52:24 +0200, Markku Hyppönen <make.hypponen@xxxxxxxxxx> a écrit:

After I have build sources should I have that libicu-common.so.4.2 ?
It has already recompiled the .../libs/icu/source/common/ and there is
library called libicu-common.so not libicu-common.so.4.2

You have to use this one and rename or symlink it. As you did only build, but not install Haiku, this is not done yet. Installing haiku to a new partition would finish putting everything in place and creating the symlinks.

That symlinking (or renaming) causes application to stuck. If installation is doing the same so problem must be somewhere else. It seems that only way is to rearrange my development environment e.g. by creating own partition for testing.

Markku