[haiku-development] Re: Questions from Haiku novice

  • From: PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 00:42:26 +0200

Le Sun, 18 Apr 2010 00:16:40 +0200, Markku Hyppönen <make.hypponen@xxxxxxxxxx> a écrit:

When I tried same with 'Backrounds' application it didn't find
liblocale.so library. I managed to fix that by changing LIBRARY_PATH but
I couldn't find libicu-common.so.4.2 anywhere (see error below).
I guess this is not the right way to do it  so what would be the best
way to test my changes?

You are running the alpha1 release, right ?
The simplest way is to install a newer nigthly build as the locale stuff was added after the alpha1 release. Alpha2 should be out soon now, so you can wait for it.

For testing purpose, you can have a "lib" folder alongside the executable you want to test and throw in the needed libraries there.

--
Adrien Destugues / PulkoMandy
http://pulkomandy.ath.cx