[haiku-development] Re: Question about /system and /boot/system

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 18:55:51 +0100

Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Generally I wonder, what's the purpose of /system anyway?

I don't think it has any actual purpose than making the path shorter.
As Truls pointed out, this link already existed in BeOS (to
/boot/beos/system/), so there might be software that actually relies on
it. I guess that's an acceptable risk, though; the switch from
/boot/beos/ to /boot/system caused only minor fallout).

> What's the meaning of B_COMMON_SYSTEM_DIRECTORY?

According to the BeBook: "The shared system directory."
To me this sounds like a copy&paste error, though :-)

Bye,
   Axel.