[haiku-development] Re: Question

  • From: Alex Wilson <yourpalal2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 15:19:27 -0700

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 3:13 PM, Fredrik Modèen <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If I do a git diff and are not getting any results, nothing will be
> submitted when I commit right?

Not necessarily. That means that your working copy is identical to
your index. If you run git diff --cached and get no results, then your
index is also identical to HEAD.

> Reason for this question is that I had a lot of changes and made a new
> director (not a new branch or so, that out of my leg when it comes to
> git). I reverted everything in the directory that will be used to commit
> stuff but I had problem getting it clean and I don't want to submit stuff
> that I’m not intended to submit and doing a diff should answer that
> question like it does in SVN?

Another option is to add the -v flag when you call git commit, which
will show you a patch of all the changes you are committing (it isn't
part of your commit message though).

--Alex