[haiku-development] Re: Querying integer attributes

  • From: Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 15:31:07 -0300

Humdinger wrote:
I created a custom filetype with an extra attribute of the type integer 8bit, since I just store numbers between 1-10. I added the attribute to the index with "mkindex -t int DVDdb:rating".

I fill in a number and listattr shows correctly: "Int-8  1  "DVDdb:rating"

Only, a query just won't find the thing.

Did you add the attribute before or after creating the index? Only attributes changed after the index is created will be indexed. Previous files won't.

Am I going wrong somewhere or is there a bug concerning integer attributes?
I also experienced that the trick to copy already existing files to add them to the index doesn't work all the time properly. Should I try to find some pattern and submit a bug report?

I am not aware of any problems like that but I will investigate if nobody beats me to it.