[haiku-development] Re: QT and SDL GCC4 libs and Haik compatible Logo program

  • From: "Ingo Weinhold" <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 20:24:06 +0200

Urias McCullough wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 10:36 AM, SMC.Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >    As I understand it, the program is about applications, not distrobutions.
> > The hiccup becomes frameworks/librarys. I personally think those should be
> > approved by the devs.
> >
> > http://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/Haiku%20Compatible%20Logo
> >
> >  link to logo page proposal.
>
> Well yeah, I now see that this has been reinterpreted... and updated
> in the last 4 days by Adrien:
>
> http://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/Haiku%20Compatible%20Logo?action=history
>
> BUT: that was not the intent for the "Haiku Compatible" logos initially.
>
> The first mention of the need for this logo is here:
>
> //www.freelists.org/post/haiku/Joining-the-admin-team,12
>
> And the logos were created shortly afterward.
>
> Only recently did Adrien assert that the logo was supposed to be used
> for "compatible software" - and I guess nobody corrected him. So, this
> is will be a brand new concept for the Alpha3 release.
>
> In any case, that's fine - if we want to re-purpose the logo for
> software, I don't care, but it was news to me (and probably others),
> that's all.

That's news to me too and I strongly object, particularly to the "The Haiku
Project is responsible for allowing 3rd-partiesto use the logo." I certainly
have better things to do with my time than to judge whether dozens of software
packages are "Haikuish" enough. I also don't see the point.

CU, Ingo