[haiku-development] Re: QT and SDL GCC4 libs and Haik compatible Logo program

  • From: "SMC.Collins" <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 16:47:04 +0000 (UTC)

----- Original Message -----
From: scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 16:36:39 -0000 (UTC)
Subject: [haiku-development] Re: QT and SDL GCC4 libs and Haik compatible Logo
program

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 9:03 AM, SMC.Collins  wrote:
> I have a question about getting the QT framework and the SDLgcc4 lib pack
> certified with a haiku compatability logo for A3. I have done exstensive
> testing with both. Them seem to work fiarly well. Ocassionaly there is a
> very random translator crash with QT and Ajax. I am tryingSDLgcc4 lib pack
> hard to pinpoint
> the cuase. I have done a tremendous amount of testing with the last to
> A3RC's. These librarys work.
>
>  I would advocate to allow these 2 frameworks to become complaint 3rd party
> software. they offer a great deal of application and useability for the
> current user base.
>
>  Is there anyway to get a vote on this ? I geuss it could be included in any
> reply here. Just a yay or nay.
>

>  thank you for your time.
>

>  Sean

There should be no need for a SDLgcc4 lib pack as these are now
included in OptionalPackages and can be installed using
installoptionalpackage.
If you ask me, they should actually be pulled down from there.  In
fact. having them available there, just makes it easier for devs to be
lazy and create more non-working ports.
-scottmc

   Ok so it would be better to remove the sdlgcc4 game library. I am totally ok
with that. I just wanted some clarification.I will ask Karl to remove those
librarys and ask all the game devs to rebuild and repackage on gcc2h with the
optional package librarys and not with the haikuports lib's. I think I already
did request this on Haikuware but I will ask again.

   what remains then is the status of the QT framework and the QT apps, which
all BTW fall inside the haiku guidlines. the noteable exception is the QT
framework which installs to boot/common/lib. the apps themselves however with
one or 2 exceptions do comply and those are easily handled and repaired and or
denied on a case by case basis.

   Sean