[haiku-development] Re: QT and SDL GCC4 libs and Haik compatible Logo program

  • From: Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 18:12:52 +0100

Le 03/06/2011 07:08, Joseph Groover a écrit :

I agree that setting a few guidelines what makes an app a good Haiku
citizen would help software sites to sort out the "bad apples". Why
don't the people with the motivation to do this now band together, and
come up with a checklist for this?

May I suggest a a choice of logo certifications?

0: Common requirements:
--Doesn't affect compatibility or stability of the system or other applications
--Interface properly asynchronous (judged by result, not method)
--Stable on official builds
--No accessing private OS facilities
--Only major versions carry the badge of honor

1. Haiku [version] Compatible:
--Runs on Haiku via interpreter or native with substantial non-native aspects
--Basic adherence to HIG
--Basic OS integration - doesn't look terribly out of place, no misuse of OS facilities ----Excepted when the interpreter is to blame for the inconsistent look provided
------the appearance difference does not hinder usability.
--Application developers can submit their app for public review. Users & developers
----alike vote to permit use of the logo.  (Integrate with Haikuware).

2. Haiku [version] Native
--Uses 100% Haiku API - when it makes sense
--Designed specifically for Haiku, not ported
--Doesn't rely on any [additional] interpreters to be installed.
--Full and proper system integration.
----searching the file system?  Use a query!
----Storing an e-mail - you know where!
--Strict adherence to HIG
--Small filing fee for review.

3. Haiku [version] Native Enhanced
--All of the requirements for #2
--Small additional filing fee
--Integrates fully with localization and behaves accordingly

4. Haiku [version] Native [Enhanced] Plus
--All of the requirements for #2 or #3
--No additional filing fee.
--Free & open, source & application.
----MIT, GPL, etc are acceptable