[haiku-development] Re: Q: Where does Background store its settings?

  • From: Marcus Jacob <rossi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 20:24:15 +0200

On 07.04.2009, at 20:09, "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I'm experiencing something strange here. Just did a "clean install",
i.e. I deleted everything including /boot/home/config, leaving only
my
actual data (/boot/home with the aforementioned exception).

My expectation is to have a clean and virgin system, but my
background
image survived.

Now my question, where does Backgrounds store its settings? Shouldn't
they also be in config/settings and thus be gone?

It's stored as attributes to ~/Desktop which is usually hidden from ~/
in Tracker.

Makes sense, but is surely confusing, all other settings are stored as regular files or attributes within config/settings.

Cheers,
Rossi