[haiku-development] Re: Python progress (Was Re: Voting aftermath)

  • From: "scott mc" <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 07:30:07 -0700

On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 1:56 AM, François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I have just finished building python-2.5.2 for Haiku again.  It still
>> showed a few -lm cases but it did finish the build.  I have posted a
>> binary on HaikuPorts, if there's some python experts who know more
>> about it that could kick it around to see if everything is working
>> that would be cool.  If you have any issues with it, just report them
>> to the haikuports user mailing list.
>> I'll take another look at cvs in the next few days here, I'll
>> probably
>> go with 1.12.13 unless there's any objections.
>
> There are some tests you can run for python, but as I recall many
> didn't work.
> I disabled several for Zeta. Probably some will work on Haiku (fcntl
> lock for ex)...
>
> François.

Ok, so nothing works.  I forgot to change the /usr/bin/env in the
scripts.  I should have read Andreas notes better.  I will take
another closer look tomorrow and post a better binary when I have it
fixed up.  I'm leaving the 2008-09-27 one up for now in case anyone
wants to play with it.  You'll need to grab the fixps.py script to fix
scripts prior to running them.  Also I located the test scripts and
many are now working and many are skipped as they don't apply to Haiku
or i don't have this or that installed.
http://ports.haiku-files.org/wiki/dev-lang/python/2.5.2/1
-scottmc