[haiku-development] Re: Python (Voting on Alpha 1 proposals)

  • From: Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 20:43:13 +0200

Donn Cave a écrit :
[...]
I don't know what Mercurial is, but unless it's the sole reason that
you'd want Python, I wouldn't hold Python hostage until every application
that uses it is ready to release.  My Python application has some
quirks, too, but I don't have any reason to blame them on Python.

I don't think I have an opinion on whether Python should actually be
installed.
I voted yes on that one, as i tried it and it seems stable, and it is also usefull as a build/porting tool ex: the SCons build system that Blender uses is written in python. Besides, there's an adopter, so i didn't have any arguments against that proposition :) (disk space maybe?)

Regards,
Alex