[haiku-development] Public routable device behind router

  • From: "Ithamar R. Adema" <ithamar.adema@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 17:38:12 +0100

Hi all,

I've been trying to figure out how to setup a box behind my router (running Backfire) and make it publicly routable. This is needed since it is running services for which no properly working ALGs are available under Linux. I'm fairly sure there's something obvious I'm missing, so that's why I'm asking the experts here ;)

This is a router with the WAN on a DSL connection, but with extra static IPs available from the provider. The switch chip is supported by WRT, so I can configure VLANs and such if that's required.

Anybody any pointers/suggestions on how to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance,

Ithamar.