[haiku-development] Re: Provide a patch

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 16:10:08 -0500

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 4:00 PM, Jerome Leveque
<leveque.jerome@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a patch to submit to a driver a started to write a couple of year
> ago.
> Until now Jerome Duval committed my patch on SVN but now you are using GIT.
> What should be the way for submitting it?

You can still provide a patch from your Subversion copy of Haiku's
code, it is just as easy for us to apply as one from Git.

Our using Git now shouldn't affect patches except it makes the work
easier on patch writers since they can use a local Git branch for
their work and keep it up-to-date with Haiku master much more easily
with Git. Git at its core is really a patch management system anyhow.

--
Regards,
Ryan