[haiku-development] Re: Proposal: haiku-design mailing list

  • From: varjosanomat <varjosanomat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 10:17:54 +0300

On 2014/09/09, at 9:59, Wayne Peter Corwin
<wayne.peter.corwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Monday, September 08, 2014 at 2:57 PM, "Alexander von Gluck IV"
> <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:
>> Ooh, good point. I think it doesn't exist anymore.
>>
>> Lets start haiku-glasselevator (or maybe haiku-charlie?) ?
>
> Done (excellent idea by the way)
>
> haiku-glasselevator@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> //www.freelists.org/archive/haiku-glasselevator/

Hello all,
I think the glass elevator mailing list is not such a bad idea if it helps to
pool ideas and things to be used in the future maybe.
I don’t know if I’m the only one thinking like this but I feel that
haiku-development has a more immediate vibe (fixing stuff for the next alpha or
something that can be reached in a reasonable timeframe with existing
resources), so I’m very careful about stuff i’m writing here.

Also glass elevator would serve as a place for all the haiku ‘dissidents' to
have a conversation and pool ideas without causing too much irritation for main
devs. Even if nothing concrete comes out of the list, at least ideas can brew
and grow and people who don’t feel too comfortable to post on haiku-dev thread
can participate.

In my team we have a box of dreams where we write stuff we’d like to have in
the future. Our programmer hardly takes a look at that stuff. This has worked
out well for us as the assumption is that there is no pressure for the coders
to react to anything on that particular list. I personally wouldn’t mind if
haiku devs completely ignored any conversation on glass elevator and any
references to it. communicating this to participants of glass elevator would
probably prevent many kinds of headache.

just an idea yeh!

Cheers,

Sami
Hooodowr