[haiku-development] Re: Proposal from Begeistert: Getting Ready for the First Beta

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 14:10:30 -0400

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 2:04 PM, François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Last I heard he was still working on it...

As far as I know, he stopped when trying to make Go make Haiku
syscalls because he was advised that the Haiku syscall interface is
not stable. But supposedly neither is the Mac OS X syscall interface
but Go seems to work fine there.

Probably the only way Go gets ported to Haiku at this point is if I do
it. I have intentions to do so when I have a chance, but we all know
how that goes.

I think Go would be a really neat language for making Haiku
applications actually. But that is even more work that just getting a
basic port going.

Ryan