[haiku-development] Re: Proposal from Begeistert: Getting Ready for the First Beta

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 14:05:54 -0400

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 2:00 PM, Joseph Prostko <joe.prostko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My job is kind of limiting my spare time as well (lots of overtime),
> but I basically decided I need to work on something else for a while
> for sanity reasons.  :)

I feel the need for the same.

> Why the hate for PHP?  I code in PHP all day and don't find it too
> bad.  That said, maybe I don't see its negative attributes since I'm
> so entrenched in it on a regular basis.  :)

I've never spent much time doing PHP but when I have, it hasn't been
fun. Plus this:

http://me.veekun.com/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/

> I'll look into the other options you mentioned to get myself more
> familiar with them other than basically just knowing them by name.

I really like Google Go. It is practically designed, small and easy to
learn, compiles very fast, runs very fast, and wasn't designed by
academics but by programmers trying to get a job done (hence the
academics don't like it.)

Ryan