[haiku-development] Re: Proposal from Begeistert: Getting Ready for the First Beta

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 14:00:03 -0400

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 1:39 PM, Kingdon Barrett
<kingdon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So you want a stack that can't run on a server running Haiku, and ...

There is no reason for this to need to run on Haiku. Haiku is not a server OS.

> are there any Haiku-based browsers that would support a modern AngularJS
> based app?  I have to plead ignorance.

I can't say for sure, but I doubt Angular does anything too crazy
which Web+ cannot support. But it should be checked.

> Why don't we just do it with Erlang and ChicagoBoss?

I'm not familiar with ChicagoBoss and haven't learned Erlang but I've
heard the syntax isn't the best.

> Alternatively, we can work on porting over Go-lang to Haiku.

This would be good too.

Ryan