[haiku-development] Re: Proposal from Begeistert: Getting Ready for the First Beta

  • From: Kingdon Barrett <kingdon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 13:39:35 -0400

On Sep 17, 2013 1:32 PM, "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> FWIW I'm interested in helping with this too. Unfortunately my free
> time is quite limited at the moment because of an upcoming product
> release at my job. I'm hoping this will ease up in October.
>
> If I had the choice for a technology stack for this Haiku software
> review system, I would use Google Go as the backend for a JSON REST
> API, and then various client apps, including a modern AngularJS based
> web app.

So you want a stack that can't run on a server running Haiku, and ...
are there any Haiku-based browsers that would support a modern AngularJS
based app?  I have to plead ignorance.

I agree that those are good choices, and I don't want to handicap the
project by saying the web site must run on Haiku, but I think it would have
been a good idea.

Why don't we just do it with Erlang and ChicagoBoss?
Alternatively, we can work on porting over Go-lang to Haiku.