[haiku-development] Re: Proposal from Begeistert: Getting Ready for the First Beta

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 13:32:04 -0400

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 12:08 PM, Joseph Prostko <joe.prostko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I messaged you off-list as well, but wanted to mention I have interest
> in working on this.  I already do web development as my full-time job
> now, so might as well work on something I truly care about in my spare
> time.  Like you mentioned, none of this will get done if more of us
> don't get out of the "waiting" mode.

FWIW I'm interested in helping with this too. Unfortunately my free
time is quite limited at the moment because of an upcoming product
release at my job. I'm hoping this will ease up in October.

If I had the choice for a technology stack for this Haiku software
review system, I would use Google Go as the backend for a JSON REST
API, and then various client apps, including a modern AngularJS based
web app.

I'd rather not use Ruby on Rails for many reasons I won't go into, and
I won't touch PHP with a 10 foot pole. In fact I don't think I want to
work on anything except what I described.

Ryan