[haiku-development] Re: Proposal from Begeistert: Getting Ready for the First Beta

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 12:37:53 -0400

On 9/15/13, Niels Sascha Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Considering the fact that Package Management is one of the corner stones of
> our R1 Roadmap, and the fact that package management will be merged in the
> coming week, we propose the following:
>
> * We will aim for a release of the first beta of Haiku in the next 2-3
> months.
> * The release will be made from a branch. The branch point will be 6 weeks
> from now.

What about the current R1/beta1 blocker, critical, and high priority tickets?

http://dev.haiku-os.org/query?priority=%5Eblocker&priority=%5Ecritical&priority=%5Ehigh&status=!closed

IMO, those tickets should be addressed (in one way or another), prior
to committing to another release (be it alpha5 or beta1).

There's probably a few other tickets that should be resolved as well
(e.g., ones that would impact the usefulness/stability of an official
release).

--mmadia