[haiku-development] Re: Proposal from Begeistert: Getting Ready for the First Beta

  • From: Joseph Prostko <joe.prostko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 10:53:39 -0400

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 10:44 AM, Joseph Prostko <joe.prostko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Another question I was asked was if Haiku the OS I spent the majority
> of my time using.  I said no, it

Sorry, I managed to hit send before I was done with the email.  Not
sure what happened to the "Undo Send" functionality I used to have
activated in Gmail, but well, it's too late for that.

Continuing what I was typing...

Basically, I was asked what prevented me from using Haiku everyday as
my OS of choice, and I said that the web browser was the only thing
holding me back.  So yes, I agree with what was said earlier about me
preferring to see Web+ get more love before a beta release.  I think
having Alpha 5 for November, and then Beta 1 for Q1 or Q2 of 2014
would make the most sense.   I think what's most pressing for the
immediate future is a release of any kind however, as I heard more
than once that people thought our project was dead since R1A4.1 was
about 10 months ago.

I discovered these people didn't follow the mailing lists, nor did
they actively check our website.  I guess they rely on outside news
sources for news on Haiku, so perhaps I shouldn't be too concerned.

- joe