[haiku-development] Re: Proposal and questions: Support of BFS attributes in TAR archiver.

  • From: Siarzhuk Zharski <zharik@xxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 11:10:25 +0200

Stephan AÃmus ÐÐÑÐÐ 25.10.2012 08:52:
5) BFS attributes, archived using xattr emulation can be restored on any FS supporting such feature. Do we really want to populate foreign file
systems with BFS attributes?

So basically, when I tar something up in Haiku, untar it in Linux
onto an FS supporting xattr, tar it back up in Linux and untar it in
Haiku onto BFS, I get all the original BFS attributes restored.

Hm, I'm agree - it should be counted as "pro". Thanks.

--
Kind Regards,
   S.Zharski