[haiku-development] Re: Programming with S&T

  • From: Clemens <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 08:56:04 +1200

On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 04:28:38 +1200, Travis D. Reed <tdreed@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks! True maximaization = zooming without entering full screen. If
someone wants to use fullscreen, they can just press F11.

yes, thats the original function of the zoom button, I don' know why to change the semantics for web+? f11 is the shortcut I know.

I would more like a zoom to an optimal size, e.g. using full height but just a reasonable width, on wide screens there would still be space beside the browser. Maximized windows often look odd on wide screens. Tracker does this optimal resize and the old BeIDE did it too which was pretty handy to place two editors beside each other. Miss this behaviour in Pe. By the way, this was one of the wow things when I first used BeOS, that was so much better than just dump maximize the window!

If having more space was the reason for the fullscreen mode I would reduce the UI a bit, e.g. chrome and opera are very space efficient in this regards...

cheers,
        Clemens