[haiku-development] Re: Problems finding AboutSystem?

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 11:04:43 +0100

Rene Gollent wrote:
> I haven't binary searched yet to try and find what revision did this, but
> at some point recently something stopped working with respect to the
> About option in Deskbar. With the most recent builds, it does nothing
> unless I first go into /boot/beos/apps and load AboutSystem manually by
> double clicking there. After this, loading it via Deskbar works. I
> thought apps launched this way are located by querying for the app_sig?

BGA already pointed this out privately to me, it seems my "mimeset" trick
in the Bootscript caused this. I am thinking it might be a bug in mimeset.
Somethings are definitely not working as they should. For example, even
though Pe is registered now with my change, it does not automatically show
in "Open With...". But some other apps now do after my change. I cannot say
when I will have time to investigate, so feel free to beat me to it. :-)

Best regards,
-Stephan