[haiku-development] Re: Problems compiling Haiku for Sparc was: Problem to configure jam for a port

  • From: Alexander von Gluck <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 09:48:49 -0500

On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 07:43:16 +0000, Sylvain Kerjean wrote:
Hi everybody,

I begin a port of haiku on the SPARC platform.
I successfully built a cross-compiler .
Then i launch jam in src/system/kernel/arch/sparc
and i get the following, complaining about NAME_MAX which is defined
in limits.h
http://pastebin.com/JUj9hb2N

Is there something to put in the Jamfile or Jamrules files to get
headers properly found ?

I can give more information if needed of course.

check build/BeOSBuildCompatibility.h, there is an old
check for SunOS and defines NAME_MAX.

I think that whole header is in pretty dire shape.. it looks
like it was originally designed to handle building Haiku on BeOS.
I wouldn't touch it though as I don't know the history on it.

Here is a solution to the missing NAME_MAX define:
http://mailman.videolan.org/pipermail/vlc-devel/2010-May/074990.html

A little searching should show the solution to the other missing define.

A closing word, these issues aren't with Jam... they are one-off platform differences that need to be coded around. What platform are you trying to build haiku on? (i really hope your not building on Solaris, I think you
might have better luck compiling on Linux)

Thanks!
 -- Alex