[haiku-development] Re: Pre-Alpha Release Builds

  • From: "scott mc" <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 10:05:52 -0700

> Yeah, that may be a problem, but I wonder if most people would have it.
> Maybe offer two images that only differ in size?
>
> Best regards,
> -Stephan

The difference in zip file size between a 512Mb vmware image and a 2G
vmware image appears to only be 1 or 2 Mb... but yes, there's times
where users don't have 2G to spare, so probably a good idea to provide
both options.
I run a local build bash script here where I have multiple
UserBuildConfig files such as UserBuildConfig.512, UserBuildConfig.2g,
UserBuildConfig.part, and in my bash script I just cp the one I'm
about to build to UserBuildConfig and use it.  Should be easy to add
something like that to the build factory.
-scottmc