[haiku-development] Porting Haiku to a current PowerPC hardware

  • From: Philippe Ferrucci <pferrucci@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 09:42:38 +0200

Hello,

2 years ago, I wrote here to find someone to port Haiku to a PowerPC platform.
Unfortunately it didn't work out. Maybe it was not the right moment.

I now try again as I really want to use Haiku on my main machine.

I would like to offer the opportunity to give Haiku more visibility in
today computing market. I am looking for someone to port Haiku to this
PowerPC machine: http://www.acube-systems.biz/index.php?page=hardware&pid=5

And I'm willing to pay for such job! I am not a company I cannot give millions
but several hundreds dollars yes :-)

I know that some work have been done to port Haiku to PPC MACs so I hope
porting to this motherboard will not be too difficult.

Another great benefit for Haiku is that ACube Systems could sell their
computer with Haiku pre-installed. This will show Haiku to a wider
audience and it can be a nice move for the system.

Anyone up to the task?

Regards

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.15 Ghz