[haiku-development] Porting Haiku to a current PowerPC hardware

  • From: Philippe Ferrucci <pferrucci@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 20:52:45 +0200

Hello,

I'm new here but I know a few people (hello François and Axel ;-)

I know BeOS since the JL Gassée era and I must say I am impressed by how the
Alpha release of Haiku works. Congratulation to everyone.

I would like to offer the opportunity to give Haiku more visibility in today
computing market.
I am looking for someone to port Haiku to this PowerPC machine:
http://www.acube-systems.biz/index.php?page=hardware&pid=2

And I'm willing to pay for such job! :-)

I know that some work have been done to port Haiku to PPC MACs so I hope
porting to this motherboard will not be too difficult.

Another great benefit for Haiku is that ACube Systems could sell their computer
with Haiku pre-installed. This will show Haiku to a wider audience and it can
be a nice move for the system.

Anyone?

Bye
--