[haiku-development] Portable Contacts support in Services Kit

  • From: Barrett <barrett666@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 00:15:04 +0200

Spending some time to find informations about my gsoc project, i have heard
about a project (promoted by google) to bring a common API for contacts
sharing around web services : http://portablecontacts.net/ .
There is also a document that list the services using the API :
http://wiki.portablecontacts.net/w/page/17776143/Software-and-Services-using-Portable-Contacts

The standard use OAuth, that is available via a small c library called
liboauth, it depends from openssl and NSS and is released under MIT license,
using this library could be easy to create a c++ wrapper and include it in
the services kit.

OpenSocial support the read only part of the Portable Contacts API.

What about change the "google contacts addon" in my gsoc project for a
"portable contacts addon"? It will bring support for google contacts as well
as some other services (and presumably more in future).

Regards