[haiku-development] Pe shortcuts (was: Re: alpha release window ?)

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Haiku Development" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 23:09:29 +0200 CEST

Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 4:44 PM, Brecht Machiels<brecht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > But why is Alt+Q transformed into Alt+A on azerty anyway? Is Pe
> > checking the
> > scan codes (?) directly.

It's something that enables certain shortcut keys that would otherwise
not be available. I think we should remove it from Pe, though, and have
something similar system wide (where you can specify if a shortcut
should rely on the scancode or the letter).

> > That doesn't make much sense, does it?
> Precisely. Why, I don't remember.

Hehe :-)

BTW this thread is going to be long enough, would be nice to fork off-
topic posts under a different subject.

Bye,
   Axel.