[haiku-development] Re: Pe and mouse tracking under Haiku

  • From: Gabriele Biffi <mlist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 12:48:39 +0200

Stephan Assmus wrote:
you may or may not have noticed how selecting text in Pe with the mouse in Haiku is lagging badly. This is how Pe tracks the mouse:

                unsigned long buttons;
                GetMouse(&cur, &buttons);
                while (buttons)
                {

                        snooze(20000);
                        GetMouse(&cur, &buttons);
                }

I don't see the need for polling the mouse in a similar situation. Can't it just wait for the next MouseMoved event and check for buttons at that time?

I remember when I tested AtomoCAD in Haiku some time ago, and I noticed how it (Haiku) did not implement SetMouseEventMask(B_NO_POINTER_HISTORY). Has this been fixed since? It's the preferred way to do things like that.

Regards,

Gabriele