[haiku-development] Re: Path.cpp

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 09:19:22 +0200

On 2009-06-06 at 05:13:20 [+0200], Rob Judd <haiqu@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Just did a:
>
> diff src/kits/storage/Path.cpp src/build/libbe/storage/Path.cpp
>
> and found that one of them is out-of-date. Perhaps we should look at why
> there are two copies of this file in the repo.

I don't know about Path.cpp in specific, but the src/build/libbe/ code is
for build tools using the Haiku API but which have to run on host platforms
like Linux. mimeset for example, but there are others. build/libbe/ is like
a minimal port of the Be/Haiku API to plain POSIX. I believe some classes
like BPath may have been simply duplicated without actual changes, but the
separation is necessary for other classes.

Best regards,
-Stephan