[haiku-development] Re: Patches

  • From: "Adrien Destugues" <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 20:19:43 +0200

> I removed the additional check from the IsValid function of the
> superblock, because while reading the linux implementation, it still
mounts it normally (even if it has > errors) but gives out a warning
that the file system should be verified. What would be the correct way
to handle such errors (ie. check required)? Also, linux checks > the
revision number, and if it's unrecognized, it only mounts the file
system in read only mode. I assume this is for forward compatibility.
Should I handle it the same > way?

I think mounting it read-only and outputting the error to the syslog is
a good way to warn in these cases

> Also, I am currently implementing initial journal support, and I
> think I'll do the idea to apply the journal changes in memory when the
file system is mounted as read-only. Is it okay if I publish the
incomplete code online somewhere so people can view and comment before
I do an actual patch submission?

I think it is. You can also send the patch to the mailing list, stating
that you know it's not ready.