[haiku-development] Re: Pairs game

  • From: "scott mc" <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 18:21:25 -0700

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 6:07 PM, Ralf Schuelke <teammaui@xxxxxx> wrote:

>  On 2008-04-21 at 03:01:20 [+0200], Ralf Schuelke <teammaui@xxxxxx> wrote:
>  >
>  > On 2008-04-20 at 19:42:26 [+0200], Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>  > wrote:
>  > > Very well done!
>  > > Just a few suggestions:
>  > > * as already proposed, a BMessageRunner in order to temporarily show
>  > > the second choice would be a very nice addition (it feels a bit strange
>  > > now, as this game usually works differently)
>  > So here is my update for better gameplay, big thanks to Michael Pfeiffer,
>  > he helps me a littel bit understand the BMessageRunner().
>  > I hope the code is B_OK and can drop to the haiku tree and add to the image
>  > :-) i bounty this haiku.inc
>
>  SORRY :
>  here the source url:
>  http://tm.kaldience.com/dir/members/stargater/CPP/pairs_v1.0.1.zip
>
>  --
>  Ralf Schülke aka Stargater

I haven't tried this program out yet, but you mentioned that it now
includes music.  By music I hope you are talking about "royalty free
music", or music for which you have permission to republish.
Another tip that I use in programs I write is to avoid calling it v1.0
until it's already been kicked around by others ;)  I usually jump it
to v0.8 or v.9 depending on how close to being finished it really is,
and then slowly move it towards one.  I'm assuming this is like a kids
matching game?

Also in case anyone has thought about making a card game, there's a
few  "open source" SVG playing decks, such as this one that is used in
GNOME's default solitaire game.
http://david.bellot.free.fr/svg-cards/
-scottmc