[haiku-development] Re: Package management: port.recipe missing on haikuporter execution.

  • From: scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 11:32:23 -0700

@Alex
I've starting looking at the older libsdl-1.2.15 and it's associated libs,
so you might find parts of the 1.2.x .recipes to be helpful for getting the
2.0.x ones working.

> my .recipe is here:
>   http://pastebin.com/Cpyq4MTg
>
> The mentioned .patch file exists in the correct location.
>
> haikuporter directory is in the PATH.
>
> Thanks!
>  -- Alex

I've committed a libsdl-1.2.15 .recipe that builds but has issues.  One
issue is that the currently committed version doesn't include the header
files.  I've since added a line:
cp include/* $includeDir
that then does copy the headers into the $includeDir, but the resulting
.hpkg then has the headers duplicated  in /develop/headers/ and
/develop/headers/SDL/
but then even with having the headers in place, when I then try to build
sdl_image it's failing to find a package to match the REQUIRES for
devel:libsdl_1.2 even when the libsdl-1.2.15 .hpkg  is present in
haikuports/packages.  I also tried putting it in common/packages and still
not detecting it.

How are the REQUIRES matched up?  Isn't it a match if the PROVIDES for the
dependency is the same as the REQUIRES for the package that REQUIRES it?

Yes it seems the -c option does not function the way I'd like it to and
have run into the same error you reported.  For now when I want/need a
clean fresh work directory I just delete/rename it and then run a fresh
build.  The new haikuporter leaves things behind which speeds things up,
but you have to keep in mind that it may have left things behind from a
previously defective .recipe you were working on... so if you make changes,
you may want to clear it.

>Personally, I expected the -c switch to not try to build anything; just
clean up all the work directories.

In the old haikuporter the -c would clean things up first and then build...
it was a way to may sure things were fresh on the rebuild.

-scottmc