[haiku-development] Re: Package management branch merged!

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 15:28:34 +0200

On 09/28/2013 11:32 AM, Stephan Aßmus wrote:
I've upgraded my repositories in Ubuntu, read the Migration docs and
successfully made the switch to PM for my main Haiku installation. I've
configured with "x68 x86_gcc2", which gave me a GCC4 based hybrid Haiku
installation. After I upgraded my source tree in Haiku and re-ran
configure (with pretty much no options), I deleted all contents in
generated/ before that, I am getting build errors. Some symbols in the
host libpackage_build.so are not resolved which then leads to
BuildFeature packages not being extracted.

So just a quick question: Is a GCC4 based Haiku hybrid already a tested
and supported host system? Or do I need to switch to "x86_gcc2 x86" for
the time being?

If this problem is not yet known and cannot be easily reproduced, I can
provide the build output of course. (Which I am not doing, since I am
typing this elsewhere, in case you are wondering.)

Admittedly I haven't tested the build on Haiku for quite a while. I think the last time was when the gcc2 hybrid was complete. There shouldn't be anything different about the gcc4 build and nothing major has changed in the build system since, but it is certainly possible that something broke anyway. Will have a look.

CU, Ingo