[haiku-development] Re: Package Building and Beta1

  • From: Julian Harnath <julian.harnath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 09:17:27 +0200

Hey,

https://eu.hpkg.haiku-os.org/
>    The idea is, long term we'll have us.hpkg.haiku-os.org, etc.
Well that's nice, but unfortunately still leaves a lot of things in the dark. What branch is this repo built from? What are the remaining problems? And all the other questions I raised in my previous mails in this thread.
Look, this repo building thing is something we all care about because it has been blocking for so long. It would be really nice if those who work on it would be a bit more open with information on it. Might also inspire more people to help if they simply *knew* what is left to do. And not just on IRC, which is too ephemeral for this important issue.

However, looking at the forum, there is still serious disagreement over the way to go forward with the repo building infrastructure. Before that is sorted out, and a generally agreeable solution or compromise is found, I think we should not push forward with a release.

Regards
Julian