[haiku-development] Re: PPC Port

  • From: Alex von Gluck <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 14:17:33 -0500

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 12:09:49 -0700, Hike Danakian <hdana2@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm interested in working on the PPC port, and have some hardware (G3
> and some G4's) to test it on. Where can I find some instructions for
> working on this? I'm familiar with building haiku, but I'm not sure
> what the best way to test it on PPC hardware is, and especially to get
> debugging output without a serial port. Is there another list that I
> can subscribe to for the PPC port?

http://www.haiku-os.org/community/forum/haiku_powerpc_compatibility
Watch for falling rocks.

http://haiku-files.org/ppc/

Best method I know for developing on PowerPC Haiku:
http://www.haiku-os.org/guides/booting/over_local_network

PPC discussions happen in haiku-development.

I am in #haiku on freenode ATM, feel free to ping me with any questions.

 -- Alex