[haiku-development] Re: PM Read-only insanity?

  • From: Giovanni Mugnai <musical777@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 16:30:44 +0000

2013/9/26 scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>:
> It's nice to see you are using and learning how packages work.  There is a
> learning curve.
>
> Please take the time to learn how to make the packages using Haikuporter as
> well.  It makes the process of putting together .hpkgs a lot less error
> prone.  I "REALLY" don't want to see a lot of .hpkgs showing up that already
> contain blah blah blah with OpenJDK already in the package, or yada yada
> yada with Qt already in the package.  The right way will be to create proper
> .hpkgs for OpenJDK, Qt and all of the others.  This will take some time to
> do right.  So please let's not see a rush to put things into .hpkgs without
> first learning to do things the right way.

in fact i'm learning, and for now, i didn't made "huge" hpkg files
which contain everything. Seems logical to me - as you've said - that
"The right way will be to create proper .hpkgs for OpenJDK, Qt and all
of the others". I never followed the "megapack" philosophy.
In the meantime i'm also reading the wiki pages about PM.

Best regards,
--
Giovanni.