[haiku-development] Re: PM Read-only insanity?

  • From: Giovanni Mugnai <musical777@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 14:29:48 +0200

2013/9/24 Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>:
> On 09/24/2013 04:43 AM, Giovanni Mugnai wrote:
>>
>> I'd also like to reorganize the Deskbar menu as i wish (deleting all
>> entries to reorganize them in subfolders), but inside
>> /boot/system/data/deskbar/menu and /boot/common/data/deskbar/menu
>> I cannot delete entries/links.. I can only act in
>> /boot/home/config/settings/deskbar/menu, but i cannot remove entries
>> from /system and /common ..
>

> This is already possible. There's a wiki page [1] I wrote especially to help
> people with switching to package management Haiku. It addresses the new
> Deskbar behavior and also refers to the document describing the new
> directory structure.

Sure, i've read the wiki :-)
But i've verified that i cannot move elements/links from
"/boot/system/data/deskbar/menu" to
"/boot/home/config/settings/deskbar/menu", this because i'd like to
rearrange them in subfolders. And inside
"/boot/system/data/deskbar/menu" i cannot do nothing due read-only.

Best regards,
--
Giovanni.