[haiku-development] Re: OptionalPackages

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 02:08:45 +0200

On 2009-08-25 at 01:30:36 [+0200], scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can someone copy these zip files to haiku-files.org so that a proper
> patch can be created to add these to the image.  Reply back to this
> thread when they are in place.  Thanks.
>
> new python build
> http://www.haiku-ports.de/packages/dev-lang/python/python-2.6.2-x86-gcc2-2009-08-22.zip
> http://www.haiku-ports.de/packages/app-arch/bzip2/bzip2-1.0.5-x86-gcc2-2009-08-24.zip
>
> git
> http://www.haiku-ports.de/packages/dev-util/git/git-1.6.4.1-x86-gcc2-2009-08-24.zip
> http://www.haiku-ports.de/packages/net-misc/curl/curl-7.19.6-x86-gcc2-2009-08-24.zip
> http://www.haiku-ports.de/packages/dev-libs/expat/expat-2.0.1-x86-gcc2-2009-08-24.zip

I don't know, if you have built them against the alpha branch. Even if you did,
the
branch has not yet been prepared (like adjusting B_HAIKU_VERSION) and we really
should
mark all optional packages invalid as soon as that has happened and rebuild
them
bottom-up (binutils/gcc, autotools, etc.).

CU, Ingo

PS: You can create an OptionalPackages patch even with the files not yet
uploaded. Just
copy the files to generated/download for testing. The one committing the patch
should
test whether the download works, anyway.