[haiku-development] Re: OpenTargetFolder

  • From: "Michael Phipps" <michael.phipps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 13:01:37 -0400

Personally, I think that single click to terminal is NOT something that should
be part of the OS. As an add-on that you can download, fine.  That seems like
feature creep, to me. I used Summon all of the time, BTW, and I would download
it first thing as part of a Haiku install, but it shouldn't be part of the core
OS.

On the other hand, since symlinks are an inherent part of the OS and, one could
argue, they are not easy to use within tracker without this add-on, it should
be part of the OS.

So, +1 to symlinks and -1 to single click to terminal.

Michael