[haiku-development] Re: OpenTargetFolder

  • From: Matt <laceysnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 17:38:10 +0100

> In any case, it cannot be a general replacement for something like
> Summon - it's just that I think that normal users don't use the shell
> often enough to add an add-on to the standard build. It's just my
> opinion, though, feel free to disagree in numbers ;-)

With regards to this, and a number of other areas, would it be worth
creating an enchancement ticket to the effect of offering a power user
mode? Maybe somewhere in prefs we can have a toggle which enables
features like this, whilst having it disabled (default) would hide
them. There's often a few bits like this I like to change in windows
(for example showing file extensions rather than hiding them) and
having a magic on/off switch would be pretty handy.

Just my 0.02 :)