[haiku-development] OpenSound & PCI reservation

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haikuports-devs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 21:29:53 +0200 CEST

I just committed fixes to trunk/ on the audio drivers in the image that
didn't call the pci reservation hooks yet. However, when trying to test
it, OSS failed to call it. It seems the .bep points to build2002 of
OSS, which didn't have those calls yet.
It's only available in hg for now, AFAIK it's not been released.

It'd be nice to have it in alpha2 though, as I tested it and it worked
quite well.

It should even be possible to make sure OSS is always loaded last to
give precedence to native drivers.
This requires removing a symlink in setup/BeOS/build.sh and scanning /
dev/audio/hmulti in the OSS media node, which I'll be adding now.

François.