[haiku-development] Re: Open windows count

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 09:50:01 +0200 CEST

Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Mohmed Hammassani wrote:
> > Thanks for your reply. From my understanding, a workspace refers to
> > one
> > window. If thats the case, then I'm looking for the count of all
> > workspaces.
> Ok, let me try to clear up some confusion perhaps:
>
> * A workspace is two things: It is a screen configuration, and it is
> container for windows.

Also, there is always only one workspace visible at any given time. A
workspace contains a reference to any window that's visible on that
workspace, plus the position of that window which can vary on each
workspace it's on (since each workspace can have a different resolution
/monitor configuration).

> So, there is two counts of windows: The count of the windows on a
> given
> workspace and the total count of windows, filtering out the
> duplicates in
> case some windows are visible on more than one workspace.

The fAllWindows really contains all windows :-)

Bye,
   Axel.