[haiku-development] Re: Odd errors messages while building DEBUG=1

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 12:19:04 +0100

On 2012-02-06 at 02:52:02 [+0100], Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Today, I tried booting a DEBUG=1 image. It failed miserably. To the
> point where it won't even allow me to enter the boot menu options
> screen or output any serial debug information.

This sounds like an issue very early in the boot process. Maybe even in the
stage 1 boot loader. IIRC since I wrote it a few people changed the code also
with respect to debugging. I don't know its current state. It may not even be
supposed to actually boot with debugging enabled but only print helpful
information. I suppose the easiest way to find out is to disable debugging
only for the stage 1 and later also for the state 2 boot loader and see when
things start to boot further again.

> Looking at the Buildbot logs, there's some odd errors while creating
> the image. Could these be responsible?

At least in the snippet you pasted I don't see anything that looks like an
error. The additional output seems to stem from unzip, which has also been
built with debugging enabled.

CU, Ingo