[haiku-development] Re: Non-latin names in AboutSystem

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 15:30:12 +0100

> I agree with Marcus, I think the native name should be first, and the
> transliteration in the parentheses.
> It will still allow reading for everyone.

With hrev43659 I did as I think the majority prefers the formatting. In
order not to clash the transliterated name in parenthesis with an
optional nickname that has been in parenthesis up to now, I seperated
the nick with a dash now.
So it's: "localized name (transliterated name) - optional nickname"
OK?

I noticed that together with the localized plus transliterated names
and sometimes a nick on top, the linebreaks don't look too good. Take
the new Greek translators as example. The left side of the window could
be twice as wide to accommodate most very long names, I guess.
Anyone against opening a wider window by default?

Regards,
Humdinger

PS: If anyone else would like to see their names localized in addition
to the transliterated version or maybe add their nickname, please email
me your wishes and I'll add those. Thanks.

      Deutsche Haiku News  -  Haiku Gazette
        http://haiku-gazette.blogspot.com