[haiku-development] Re: Non-latin names in AboutSystem

  • From: "Alex-P. Natsios" <apnatsios@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 23:22:52 +0200

Not sure whether it really matters if the IRC nick is presented or not
( not all contributors ARE using or WILL be using IRC ) there are also
those who don't want to be identified/associated with their irc
handles ( why are you using the handle or IRC then? O.o) but well that
is personal choice and a matter of its own.

> I agree with Marcus, I think the native name should be first, and the
> transliteration in the parentheses.
> It will still allow reading for everyone.

Yeah i do believe that is a pretty good approach BUT the names SHOULD
be transliterated by Humans, maybe natives.. to avoid problems or
transliterations that are totally off...

--
Regards,

Alex-P. Natsios
(a.k.a Drakevr)