[haiku-development] Re: Non-latin names in AboutSystem

  • From: Marcus Overhagen <marcus.overhagen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 18:59:10 +0100

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 6:17 PM, Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> For aesthetic reasons I'd also go with transliterated first.
> I'd like to point out that we already have nicknames in parentheses for
> a few entries. BTW, I'd like to see more people's nicks there, so one
> could recognize guys on IRC.

I strongly believe that we should use Haiku's capabilities to display the
correct native name first, and add the transliterated in parantheses.

I think we should also refrain from adding nicknames, this doesn't
look very professional. Also, personally I really don't want to see
any of my irc nicknames there.

regards
Marcus