[haiku-development] Newbie programmer, want to help

  • From: Jonathan Beatty <easyegoism@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 09:00:42 -0600

I have a little bit of experience with programming (mostly Java), and I have
enough C++ experience to construct simple programs. I can do file I/O,
pointers, arrays, functions, all the stuff usually taught in online
tutorials, but I don't have any real world programming experience with it. I
also have a little bit of experience with Qt, but I don't know how much that
matters.

However, I find myself with inordinately large amounts of free time, and I
want to use them for something that will actually help me learn to program
better. As for the areas I'd be interested in, I'd like to see MAC spoofing
implemented in Haiku (and, if directed to the right sources, wouldn't mind
implementing it myself) because it's the only way I can connect my laptop to
my home network. Wifi won't work with my card anyway (couldn't get it to
work in FreeBSD; BCM43xx sucks). Barring that, I guess I could do simple
applications development if there are any things obviously missing in Haiku.

However, I do have years of Linux/BSD experience, and if I could be better
put to use as a tester, let me know.